How to Create a New Mac User
- MAC address is a hardware identification number that uniquely identifies each device on a network.
- The MAC address is manufactured into every network card, such as an Ethernet card or Wi-Fi card, and therefore cannot be changed.
- This is useful for network diagnosis because they never change, as opposed to a dynamic IP address, which can change from time to time.
Steps to Create MAC User
Notes: There should be a billing plan before creating a user.
- Media Access Control User is totally working on the Mac address that is a unique numeric identifier address so whenever a user login on that one device automatic Authentication.
- go to the sidebar and click on User Management and select New User Option.
- After click on New User option, it will open new page which has two tab :
- User Account Information
- User Information
1.User Account Information
- First, Select User Type as a MAC.
- Enter Username, Password and Mac address that is a unique numeric identifier of the user. Mac address is 12 digit hexadecimal number and separated by a :(colon) or -(hyphen) for example. 0A:44:64:7D:12:77.
- Select User Plan.
- here IP address is optional field.
- The last field is a Franchise, it is also an optional field but whenever you want to assign a user to a franchise that select the franchise name and assign the user.
- Now click on NEXT button and it will be open USER INFO Tab.
2.User information for Create a New Mac User
- Fill all the details compulsory Customer Name, Contact Number, Billing Address Line 1 and City.
- Here Email, Notes, TAX/GST Number, Billing Address Line 2 and Zip Code are Optional Fields.
- If you want to give the permission on Client portal access then check on check box otherwise not .
- if you want to insert more information like DOB, Identity proof then click on Additional info, it is optional to fill.
- Click on Apply Button.
- after successfully creating a user, it will show you user ashboard.